Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Hi There!

Hi, my name is Grace. I'm twelve years old and have type 1 diabetes. I've only had it for 3 weeks and its been pretty tough. Its hard to not think about all the things that could happen to me. I found out I had it when it felt like I had the stomach flu. My body wouldn't take anything. I was in pain mostly in my chest. I told my mom so she brought me to the hospital. I could barely breath. The doctors took me in right away. They told my mom I had to go to CHEO (Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario). They told my mom that they couldn't wait for a helicopter. I went strait to the ambulance. CHEO was only a hour away. When I got there they immediately attached 4 needle that stay in my arm. including 3 in my foot. It was hard at first to know that I had to get needles of insulin everyday because I had a fear of them. I never really like needles. So I stayed at CHEO for at least a week. my mom would go back home and come back the same day just to come and visit. she would even sleep there for a couple nights. My grandmother came down. I liked talking to her because she had lupus. She also had to give herself needles.

OK! School. i missed first week. All my friends her about the news. Some people where asking me about these obviously ridiculous story's that i have never heard. One of them was that my face had been stuck to my skull. And every day i half to go to the nurses office to prick my finger. My mom gets mad because i usually prick the pads of my fingers.

But just to tell you i live a fun and normal life!

No comments:

Post a Comment